*Please note that hand delivery orders can only be made through the concierge at 718.728.6250
- General Info
- General Cookie/Brownie Info
- Care and Storage
- Allergy Information
- Order Tracking
- Shipping & Tax
- Hand Delivery
- Do you have a storefront?
Ruby et Violette is an online-only business. We used to have two storefronts, one in Hell's Kitchen and one in the Limelight Marketplace, but now the only places to order are online or over the phone. You can place orders on our website for shipment anywhere in the US or hand delivery in Manhattan.
- When can I place an order?
Anytime! You can access our website 24/7 and place an order at your convenience. For more info about ordering online click here.
- What number should call if I have a question?
Call the concierge at 718.728.6250. If the concierge is not available please leave a message and your call will be returned as soon as possible.
General Cookie/Brownie Info
- Can I select each of the flavors I want in the box?
Yes, you will have the opportunity during the ordering process to choose each and every flavor that goes into your box. Each gift box, depending upon its size, has a certain number of compartments that are custom made to hold either two cookies or one brownie.
- How will I be able to tell the different flavors apart?
All of our cookies and brownies are labeled, so you'll always know what you're biting into!
- How do the cookies and brownie come packaged?
The cookies come packaged in twos. Each pair is placed in a cellophane bag and heat sealed to ensure freshness. Brownies come packaged one per bag, but are likewise heat sealed for freshness and each bag is labeled with the corresponding flavor sticker.
- Which cookies have chocolate in them?
All of our cookies, with the exception of the Birthday Cake cookie, have with white or dark chocolate, or both. On the cookies you can find pictures and descriptions of all of our flavors. If you have any specific questions about ingredients in any flavors please email email@example.com or call 718-728-6250.
- Can I order an out of season flavor?
Out of season flavors may be made available for large quantity orders. If you’d like to inquire about out of season flavors please call the concierge at 718.728.6250.
Care and Storage
- How Long Will Ruby et Violette Cookies and Brownies stay fresh?
All of cookies are baked to order, meaning everything is baked on the day it ships to ensure greater freshness. Our cookies and brownies stay at their freshest for about five days after they are baked. We recommend placing them in the refrigerator to maximize their freshness.
- How should I store them in the refrigerator?
Any bag whose seal has not been broken, can be placed directly into the refrigerator. The contents of bags whose seals have been broken should be placed in a resealable bag or airtight container before being placed in the refrigerator. Allow cookies to come to room temperature before serving.
- Do you have party/wedding favors?
Yes, we designed our Bijoux, a line of favor boxes, specifically for wedding and special events. Each Bijou holds four cookies, or up two flavors. Brownies are not available for the Bijoux. The cost of each box is $12. The Bijoux cookies are a smaller-sized cookie than the cookies found in our gift and bakery boxes. There is a minimum order of 25 boxes. Please explore our wedding page here and/or contact our concierge for more details. 718.728.6250
- How far in advance should I place my favor order?
We recommend that you place your order two-three weeks in advance. Depending on the quantity and details of the order we may be able to accommodate a shorter time frame. If you have concerns about the advance placement of your order please call the concierge at 718.728.6250
- Do you offer corporate discounts?
Yes. Please check out our corporate page here. This will get you started on creating a corporate account. If you have specific questions about a corporate order contact the concierge at 718.728.6250.
- Do you customize any of your boxes for corporate orders?
We do not custom print boxes, but we have other ways of incorporating your company logo with our product. Contact us to find out more. 718.728.6250.
- Do your products contain dairy products?
ALL of our products may contain dairy or milk products. Any person with a dairy allergy should NOT consume ANY of our products.
- Do your products contain nuts?
ALL of our products may contain nuts and/or peanuts. Any person with a nut allergy should NOT consume ANY of our products.
- Do your products contain gluten?
ALL of our products contain gluten. Any person with a gluten allergy should NOT consume ANY of our products.
- Do your products contain soy?
ALL of our products may contain soy. Any person with a soy allergy should NOT consume ANY of our products.
- Will I receive an order confirmation?
Once an order is placed you will receive an order confirmation via email.
- Will I receive a shipping confirmation?
On the day of shipment you will receive an email from us alerting that your order has been given to UPS. You will receive a second email directly from UPS with the tracking number for your order.
Shipping & Tax
- Do you offer same-day shipping?
Yes, provided that your order is received by noon EST
- Can you hold my order for a future date?
Yes. During the checkout process you will see a calendar where you can select your preferred shipping date. We ship only using UPS and only ship Monday-Friday.
- Can I have something sent to arrive on a specific day?
We offer three UPS shipping speeds (ground, 2nd-day air and next-day air) and during the checkout process as you select each option you will see the UPS delivery estimate for each speed. If you would like a package to arrive on a specific date, please select the corresponding shipping speed with that date. If you have any questions about when a package is estimated to arrive please call the concierge at 718-728-6250
- What shipping carriers do you use?
We use UPS to deliver all packages.
- What are your shipping days?
We ship everything UPS Monday through Friday. We do not ship on Saturday, Sunday or government holidays. If an order is place before noon EST Monday through Friday (excluding holidays) we will process it that business day. If an order is placed after noon it will be processed the next business day. (i.e. if an order is placed at 2:30pm on Friday it will not be processed until the following Monday.) During the checkout process you will be able to pick your shipping date from a calendar of valid shipping dates.
- Does UPS deliver every day of the week?
No. UPS ground service is delivered Monday through Friday only (excluding holidays). Next-day and 2nd-day air services are also only delivered Monday through Friday, unless the Saturday delivery option is selected for an additional fee. Saturday delivery is not available in all areas. If you have a question about Saturday delivery please call the concierge at 718.728.6250. Here’s a shipping example: If you order a gift box on Thursday before noon going to California, and you select 2nd-day air, the gift box will not arrive until Monday.
- Can I hold my order for a future date?
Yes. When you checkout you can select the shipping date on a calendar with future available shipping days. You can place an order up to two months in advance.
- Can I have something sent to arrive on a specific day?
The best way to ensure the exact arrival date to select either next-day or 2nd-day air. Keep in mind that orders placed after noon will be processed the next business day and UPS will not deliver on Saturday, Sunday or government holidays unless special arrangements are made.
- Shipping hints and tips:
- We do not recommend shipping our cookies using ground shipping to the West Coast. We can not guarantee the freshness on any cookies sent to the West Coast via ground shipping. We believe it is worth it to upgrade your shipping speed to ensure freshness.
- Please double check all shipping addresses as an extra day for UPS to sort out a mistake could result in the cookies not arriving as fresh as originally planned.
- What is Ruby et Violette's Policy on Donation requests?
Ruby et Violette is very involved in charitable giving and we evaluate donation requests on a case by case basis. If you are interested in requesting a donation for your charity, please email our concierge at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do you offer a hand delivery service?
Yes we offer hand delivery in Manhattan for a fee. To calculate your delivery charge, or to verify that we deliver to your location please check the zip code listings page.
- What does hand delivery entail?
Cookies for hand deliveries are baked the morning of the delivery and boxes arrive in a gift bag. Our standard hand delivery window is between 2-5pm, Monday-Friday. If you would like to have your cookies delivered outside of this window please contact us to see if we can accomodate the request.
- Do you hand deliver outside of Manhattan?
No, we only hand deliver within Manhattan. We can ship using UPS anywhere in the United States, including Manhattan.
- How far in advance do I need to place a hand delivery order?
We generally require a 24 hour notice on any hand delivery. We can hand deliver in Manhattan Monday through Friday. For special circumstances or to check on the possibility of a rush order please contact us at 718.728.6250.
- Hand Delivery hints and tips:
- A phone number must be provided for all hand deliveries. Often our messenger will need to call the recipient to gain access to a building. If our messenger cannot make the delivery, for any reason, the package will be returned to the bakery and a second attempt can be made when either a correct address is supplied or confirmation that the recipient will be able to accept the package is made. A additional delivery fee will apply.
- If the package is going to a residential address please note if a doorman/mailroom is available to sign for the package. If we are delivering to a non-doorman building and no one is available to accept the delivery the package will be returned to the bakery.
- If the package is going to a business address any tips to faciiliate an easy delivery are greatly appreciated. Is it easier to call the recipient from the lobby or take it a mailroom in the building? Is the mailroom at a different entrance than the main entrance to the building? (For example, if the business address is on 55th Street and the mailroom entrance is on 56th Street, it would be helpful to know that.) Can the mailroom accept a perishable delivery? (Many mailrooms will NOT sign for a food delivery. Someone must be available to come down and sign for it.)